Unit 9 Final Project 1
Running Head: Unit 9 Final Project
Unit 9 Final Project
Personal Application of the Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing
Dianthe Clements
Kaplan University
HW420 – 02
Professor Susan Johnson
May 24, 2011
Unit 9 Final Project 2
There is great importance for health and wellness professionals to develop psychologically,
spiritually and physically due to the vital information that they gain from individuals. The
information that is gained can be a foundation (Dacher, E, 2006).
If I am going to be true and honest with myself and others, I can say that I have struggled the
most with spirituality and physicality. Spiritually in brief, over the past few years, I have
questioned the many churches that constantly tell you what to do, what to wear, what you can be
a part of and when you go somewhere and every time, the plate as they call it passed around.
Being in and among poverty, I struggled most with giving my money to churches and at the same
time, feeling as if I had been duped. There were no blessings that I felt immediately and over
time I had come to realize that blessings should not be expected immediately after giving. It just
seemed to wear on me because the church I was attending told me that the more I give, the more
I will receive. It turned out to not be true and eventually, I started worshiping in my own
dwelling and in my heart and it has worked for me for the last year. I also struggle with my
physicality. In the last four to six years, I have not added exercise as a regular routine as I should
have and as a result, I have gained 100 pounds over my regular 175 lb weight. My goal is to not
starve myself but to eat healthy and exercise daily. I am sure that if I can strive to do those two
things on a regular basis, I will become physically stable.
In the past 8 weeks, I have become more aware of what is healthy for me in mind, body and
spirit and I have taken control of what is unhealthy for me. My awareness is heightened and I am
able to catch and control the clutter of my mind when concentrating on tasks and control my
feelings when being tested by other humans with conflict. I know that I have a choice in how I
react and I share my knowledge with whoever listens. My score spiritually is 91/2,
Unit 9 Final Project 3
psychologically is 9-1/2 and physically a 7 because my knowledge is only the beginning when
dealing with my physicality. I have the knowledge and I have just begun to put into practice my
goals for my health physically.
My goals – Physical- To exercise on a regular basis, Psychological- To maintain practice of
meditation and loving kindness exercises and Spiritual- To honor God, pray and live my life to
the fullest believing in him and his son Jesus Christ.
Strategy that I will put into place to foster growth Physical- To complete a daily routine of
eating healthy. Include a salad daily with two servings of fruit and vegetables as a must to start
my journey to becoming physically healthy and include an hour of walk either on the Bowflex
Treadmill 7000 series (mother bought it as a gift) that has been sitting in my living room for two
years or the Air Force Base Park which sits right across from Reagan National Airport.
My strategy for Psychological is to maintain my daily exercise of meditation for 15 minutes
daily and the practice of Loving-kindness exercise. These two exercises has helped me a great
deal and I would not be able to say that I am a better person because of this class.
My strategy for Spiritual is to maintain the path that I am on now. Prayer plays a major role in
staying spiritually connected with God and Jesus Christ and helps maintain a great sense of
peace throughout the day.
Upon completion of this course, I will stay committed to maintaining my health and wellness
by practicing each day the components of what I have learned in this course. It has been a
pleasure in meeting and getting to know all of you and learning from you Professor Johnson.
References
Dacher, E. (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing.
Laguna Beach, CA. Basic Health Publications
You have so much on your plate, one thing I wanted to share with you, you are beautiful just as you are... you really are... it is not about weight, it is about you, I think when you see and feel your true inner self and beauty, that projects itself and is the most powerful statement you have of who you are... it doesn't mean don't exercise or diet.. it just means love yourself right now, for who you really are inside, and it will shine outside too... the weight will come off gradually as you feel safe, loved and at peace with your life... our bodies tend to hang onto whatever fat they've got as if it were a protection or long lost friend... when we feel peace and get enough rest, and focus on the principles of good health, then the body feels safe and starts letting go...
ReplyDeleteYou might want to try out the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints, you may find the answers, love and support that you are looking for, you can call for the missionaries and they will come to you, in your home, and teach you personally and pray with you, there are wonderful blessing to be had, and you should be able to find them, Love Bonnie
ReplyDelete